Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cats, Dogs, Blood..Oh My

Today was a very, very interesting day!
I decided to take care of a cute little puppy for a friend of mine for two weeks!
She was such a doll and loved me! We played, I took her for a walk, well she kind of took ME for a run. ha ha. Needless to say, a very good puppy.
Now if you read anything about me, I LOVE cats and I own 5 of them. They have never been around a dog in their lives, so yes, they would be terribly frightened. Now I only was watching the dog for the day until my friend picked her, so no big deal, just keep the cats in their room for the time being.
Now my dumb ass needed a cord from the office, and as soon as I opened the door, my cat Mittens just ran out...well he made an error in judgement big time!

This is Mittens!

So Mittens went ballistic and was literally hanging from the blinds, not the curtains, the blinds. Hissing, growling, he looked like the devil. The logical thing would have been to grab the non aggressive puppy and put her in her cage and let the cat handle himself, but I guess "motherly" instinct happened and I wanted to help MY cat.

Before I knew it, my 3 fingers were covered in blood because Mittens bit the hell out of me and my arm was all scratched up. I totally overreact in situations that cause stress. I called my Fiance at work to come home and help me. I wanted to make sure the bite wasn't as bad as it felt. My friend came and got her dog. The bathroom had blood spots in multiple locations, it must have gotten on him.

I have been monitoring my wound, disinfecting it and such to make sure it doesn't get worse. It hurts like hell. Oh well. No one is to blame here, was just a freak accident.

Yeah, love my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...