Sunday, May 15, 2011

Positives of Unemployment Part 1

If you read my last post on the "negatives" of unemployment, I noted that some people view not having a job as a "party." I will for sure say that there is nothing "fun" about it. The name of my post refers to the positives of being jobless. You always have to see both sides of a situation, and do your best.

Story Behind It All
First of all, I chose to quit my job at The Hartford. I worked as a customer service representative for AARP Health clients. This would be the 50+ crowd. The reason I left was because of the clients. I had it made there, business wise. My bosses loved me and always had me doing little projects. My review I received was incredible, not to mention the raise was nice. But, despite all that, I couldn't get passed the miserableness of these people who had to call just to bitch at someone they didn't know.

I started growing hatred for old people. Hate is a very strong word, and I try my best to stay away from it, but this was a true feeling. What was strange is that I loved older people. I used to volunteer at a rehabilitation center, and they always loved when I visited. 80% of the callers just felt like they could call you names; (stupid, idiot, good for nothing, a waste, etc) Who the hell gave them the right to do this? Worse yet, we couldn't do anything about it, except ask them to stop, only for them to laugh at us in return...

Now my personality did not help the situation. I am always kind and loving, and try to stay away from conflicts as much as possible, so that did not help. I knew I had to quit when I started hating my life. I never wanted to do anything but sleep,eat and spend money.(that i didn't actually have). Hence why my weight went to 202lbs, and in severe debt. Not to mention, doctor visits to get put on depression medication. Seriously?

I don't have anything against medication, please don't think that. I am actually prescribed to anxiety medication. Anyways, I also started crying in my car on the way to work, in the parking lot, on lunch breaks, and at home at night. No one wants to live like this. I knew my breaking point was reached when I actually broke down on a call to a bitter old man who was only upset because I was the second person he was connected to. Really? Well that was it, I gave a three weeks notice, and just did the bare minimum at work for those three weeks....

To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...